HELP, subs going off randomly

Jackle1886

Here the problem, my subs are bumping LOUD even when the volume is at zero, and even after I turned the subs off via the deck. The only way to make it stop was to turn the power off to the deck. Now in the past couple of months every time I turned the car on the subs would bump when the deck powered up. I have disconnected the Left and Right audio cables to the amp so i can just use my speakers. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

well, if the RCA's are unplugged out of the amp it shouldn't play. I guess you could take the one's out of the back of your HU. But then you would have to unplug/plug them in when you didn't or wanted to hear them

The subs don't play w/ the RCA's unplugged. Basically it stopped them from making **** a loud racket so i can actually use the stereo, but w/o the subs. I want to use the subs though...that's the problem

I checked the ground wires. Ok i'll try again. the problem is that the subs go off and bump randomly, very very loud, even when the volume is at 0; even if i turn the subs off. So, in order to use my stereo while driving, i disconnected the RCA input to my sub amplifier. This enabled me to use just the speakers. But i want to fix the problem, so i can use my subs too.

he says for some reason the subs just start playing really loud for no reason, even if the volume is at 0 or the HU is off, so the only way he can turn it off is by unplugging the RCA's.

Happened to me once....i have no idea what it was, but i just turned off my stereo and then turn it back on and it was fine.

maybe check to make sure all the wires to the sub and amp are in snug?

Are you sure your not hooked up to a speaker RCA instead of the sub RCA? It would explain why turning the woofers off on the HU has no effect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.