Help running 4 speakers on a 2 channel amp!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm running 2 front alpine speakers and 2 rear alpine speakers to a 2 channel kenwood amp and I get sound out of all the speakers but for some odd reason I can't hear certain sounds out of songs(example: snares switching between left and right speakers). All my positive and negative wires are hooked up correctly. I don't know if I need a crossover of some sort and if I do which kind because I'm not too familiar with how they work.

Thanks

Do u have it of hpf or lpf

Also if u r hooking up 4 speakers u need a 4ch p. That could be or 1st problem

Yes, a four channel would work better.

Your crossovers may have something to do, need a 80hz hpf on your speakers, set it on the amp or head unit.

Also, all your speakers playing the same frequencies and depending on how loud your listening could be the reason as to why you have loss of detail.

What speakers? You may need to upgrade them.

Are they coaxial? Do you have tweeters?

There are many reasons for loss of detail. Your fronts and rears playing the same frequencies being one of the main ones.

You probably have alot of distortion.

Are you running the speakers in stereo or mono...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.