Help Redesign box 15s lots of space

IM1THE2KING3
10+ year member

Hey guys

I have a build thread:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/557124-1993-chevy-silverado-1500-build.html

My problem is Even though I used a enclosure calculator I quickly realized that my enclosures have to be too small!

I inverted the subs and made the ports external, but still feel lacking.

Could someone help me design a ideal box.

I think i should build a single box instead of two and that my Volume was too small.

Subs-

TWO 15" Subs cheap subs and I got them even cheaper, its a start...

Specs are as follows:

Fs(Hz): 23.4

Qms: 6.589

Vas(ft3): 5.451

Xmax(mm): 15.3

Xmech(mm): 22.95

Qes: .84

Re(ohm): 4

Voice Coil: Dual 2ohm

V.C. Diameter(in): 2.5

BL ™: 14.413

Rms: 1200

Max: 2800

Qts: .745

1w/1m SPL(db): 85.6

Overall Diameter(in): 15.75

Overall Height(in): 9.375

Mounting depth(in): 8.5

Vehicle is 1993 chevy silverado 1500

My max dimensions: 58"W at base through middle 55"W at top peak X 41"H X 34"D

I am not an expert box builder but I will have help and am willing to attempt just about anything, the only thing I would like to avoid is a full on wall.

So If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

I listen to all music.

I would like the subs to get as loud as possible (...like you always hear ppl say hear you before they see you) on music without becoming a burp box.

I am trying to design the ideal box and get the most out of my subs.

I am seeking a expert as I feel like I have a ton of different options and having already built it all once I would like this time to be as realistic to the perfect setup as possible.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you gave up because you ****** at it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I thought you gave up because you ****** at it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
that was before I took a break from here and started talking and learning from national champs. the latest one that I built/ designed was for a single 12 in the trunk of a grand am, It hasnt been metered yet but It feels like a 140... on 200 watts.

I think something is off with your specs. What subs are they?
Thank you for saying this. I followed the exact specs to build my original boxes.

I emailed the manufacturer, i got a reply from what turns out to be a company that owns a large number of car audio brands and more, anyways I questioned the spec sheet they provided me. My concern was avoided and the reply was vague. I also found different specs on a site the company hosts...

Before further emailing the company I was hoping someone else would agree that the specs seem off as they had left me doubting myself.

Gentleman I spoke to is named Chuck K. His direct email is at soundstream.com and the email tag says national sales manager for epsilon group of companies.

Thanks! Will update this post when I find links to company/info.

Last edited by a moderator:
To continue with the above statement.

If I build a 8ft^3 enclosure for two subs with one port tuned to 34Hz.

use a 10" port = length of 15.57"

or 12" aero port = length of 24.18"

Anyone offer help or clarify if this is correct or something going wrong, thanks!

Design1.jpg

Can someone comment as to the above Design.

Should I go with a bigger box its 8.5 and subs/bracing I apprx .5 = 8

What size port should I go with?

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.