help real quick

Participant count
  • Participant list

hillzz22
10+ year member

I'm trying to help a friend of mine with a complet install. Put in new head unit, RF punch 400 series amp, RF 12's. Anyways, got the head unit in fine and hooked up everything, wiring the subs in parallel because the amp is 2 ohm stable. The head unit works perfectly but for some reason the amp just won't turn on. We've tried everything with the ground, and i suspect thats it. If it isn't the ground, it must be the remote turn on. What is the best wire to connect the remote lead to coming out of the back of the HU? Is muting or dimmer wire a good choice, or should we try something else?

Thanks,

Aaron

As a quick test........check the fuse on the main power comming from the battery to ensure it was not blown or overlooked and not put in place once install was complete. Check to make sure you have voltage to the amp. Put the multimeter on your ground point and other lead on your + on the amp and you should see the voltage. Then you can verify the remote lead is bad or not functioning properly by taking a short wire (temporarily) and touching it over to the + on the amp. If the amp cuts on it is not getting the signal from the head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.