Help please!

Participant count
  • Participant list
well did you switch amps or get a bigger one?
Well I switched amps. I had a jl a1400 it wen into protect, so I did the big three and ran new 2/0 power cables for my new nine.1's which I don't even have yet. Then a friend had a Swiss audio 6002 so I tried it, it wasn't bigg enough, and another friend had a Sony explod 1000 watt so he gave it to me. And now I have my current problem.

The voltage regulator in the alternator doesn't just regulate the voltage for the change in RPM's but it also regulates the voltage for the load on the alternator, more current draw will cause a drop in voltage so the regulator will adjust to try to keep the voltage constant. There's a chance the regulator is bad and over compensating for the load. If it just happened with this amp then there almost has to be something about it that is causing the problem, though it's hard to imagine what it would be. I'd try switching to a different amp if you can to see if it makes a difference, if it doesn't, have your alternator checked out.

The voltage regulator in the alternator doesn't just regulate the voltage for the change in RPM's but it also regulates the voltage for the load on the alternator, more current draw will cause a drop in voltage so the regulator will adjust to try to keep the voltage constant. There's a chance the regulator is bad and over compensating for the load. If it just happened with this amp then there almost has to be something about it that is causing the problem, though it's hard to imagine what it would be. I'd try switching to a different amp if you can to see if it makes a difference, if it doesn't, have your alternator checked out.
Alright, thanks bro.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.