Help please... Noob alert!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jlandry287
10+ year member

So here's the deal guys. I've got one blown 6x9 in the back of my sonata, and I can't stand it. I've been doing some research and finally decided to upgrade my speakers. I plan on getting the JBL GTO638 (6.5" for the front doors and the JBL GTO938 (6x9 for the back). I have an aftermarket head unit (nothing special though).

Now for my question(s)!:

•does anybody have and remarks about these speakers?

•what's a pretty good head unit for around [or less] than $250 that is satellite radio ready?

•how hard is it to install aftermarket speakers in a 2000 Hyundai Sonata?

•is an amp necessary to power these speakers, and if so what should I look for?

Thanks for the replies and sorry for my ignorance when it comes to audio systems!

Get a nice small amp def 4 channel. A lot of head units under 200 that are good check out some of the kenwood excelons.

You can get a stock deal on aura 6x9s for your rears

the rears should only be for fill if you plan on running a sub later .if not a nice set of coaxials will work back there just fine .also yes there are quite a few $200 decks that will have what you need

Aura 6900RPM 6" x 9" 2-way Coaxial Speaker Pair 269-185

really nice speakers that surprised me with a lot of bass

neo motor

abd buy a nice set of components for the front

Incriminator Audio I Series 6.5" Components

Cadence TX Series 3004 4 Channel Car Amplifier Amp | eBay

really nice steal of an amp and if you get a 4 channel it keeps you open to a nice low powered sub on the same amp in the future.

Pioneer DEH-X8500BS CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth with the sirius tuner 218

this is a steal for a great unit and comes with everything you need to install bluetooth to 4v pre outs pandora android iphone etc

Why are they junk? I mean for $75 are they a good value?
well for one max ratings mean nothing ,2 the 3 ways dont work the way you might think ,if any thing get 2 ways ,the middle part of the speaker drowns out a lot of the bass.and 3 for $75 i's look on parts express ,you'll get better , but you still get what you pay for

well for one max ratings mean nothing ,2 the 3 ways dont work the way you might think ,if any thing get 2 ways ,the middle part of the speaker drowns out a lot of the bass.and 3 for $75 i's look on parts express ,you'll get better , but you still get what you pay for
I actually prefer 3 way over 2 way, I'm not so much going for a ton of bass, I'm going to loudness and sound quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.