Help picking out comps/speakers

wong05tsx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Oakland, CA
Im looking to get some components 6.5" and 6.5"s speakers for the back two doors as well. This is going into a 05 tsx. Amped by a JL 300/4

I'm looking for both SQ and SQL, but a little more towards the SQ side. I have a 12" type r in the trunk powered by a m850 alpine amp and i'll be disconnecting/removing the rear 6x9's.

What kind of comp 6.5"'s and speakers can i get for $150-250 (for both comps and speakers)

Also if anyone has some used selling for cheap and meets my needs I may be interested

An Acura TSX isn't a very big car, and with your price constaint, I think you'd be better off putting all the money into a good set of components for the front, and forget about rear speakers.

Rainbow SLC 265 Kicks fit your price range, and are very nice speakers. That JL amp can do 150w x 2 when bridged, which would be perfect for those speakers.

SLC 265 Kick = approx $280 from the forum dealers. So if you can swing that, I'd recommend it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'd also recommend looking into a set of Pioneer TS-C720PRS's (although a little hard to come by from online retailers right now).

Either set will perform beautifully with a clean 100-150w rms per channel.

Would the Pheonix Gold RSD 65cs or MB QUART DSE 216 be too weak for the jl 300/4 amp? I'd really like to install everything at once, and the PG's/MB's would be more around my budget since I want to get 6.5's for the back doors too

As said above i would put all money towards the front but the PG Rsd65cs will take 150rms fine, thats what i have running to mine and i love it, they spoke to me today and told me they wanted more, lol. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

^ Agreed with Jacob.... focus on your front stage right now and run the rears off the HU or disconnect them altogether to see how you like it. You can always work on replacing the rear speakers at a later date if you feel it would be needed.

For the money, the RSd's are a sweet deal.

Components up front amped.

Rear fill either off the HU or no rear fill at all, being in a small car and putting speakers in the rear door, i dont think they will be much of an addition or affect/

Focus on the frontstage like everyone has said! And I also agree with everyone on the PG RSds

How bout Focal Polyglass V1 6.5" components? found a deal on them used, i just have to replace the terminal screws since they're rusted, and a little cosmetic damage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.