Help picking an Amp

-That's a good idea I assume you're talking about the big 3, and I do eventually plan on doing that. It should make things more solid and efficient. Besides that, I am running 4 gauge wire ground and power to the amp. - In regards to Stetsom I did a little forum searching on google and found some good things regarding their competition series grade amps, but nothing really for my level. I'm skeptical on buying from that site because warranty, and that particular model is discontinued.

- Trying to stick to PacificStereo, Sonicelectronix, or Onlinecarstereo for purchase.
I totally understand that..lol, sorry about that, I was curious.

Jupiter.jpg

Hifonics Jupiter 4 Channel Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Ha! wire em in series for 4 ohms x 2ch bridged.

if you have issues with heat in your area do not go with a a/b class amp it will spend more time in thermal protect then playing go with a quality d class amp that will do what you need without being wired to the lowest impedance it will run cooler and be more efficient.

I share the same 95 degree day he does and my A/B amp @ 1ohm. It certainly does not stay in thermal protect..It will get warm.I don't know what u smoke. But yea..for the money, he will not beat this, no doubt, I been running one for 6 yrs @ 1 ohm with 0 issues whatsoever and it stays cool to the touch:

Hifonics BRZ1200.1D Class D Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

I just ran across a High End HiFonics Jupiter for $200.00 and tossed the idea out there..LOL..chill.

No offense but I feel like everything I posted is a better option than an Audiopipe. I was under the impression that MTX and Hifonics make bad amps?

i dont know anything about mtx's new stuff but all of their stuff from the last few years was decent and the old school mtx stuff is GREAT stuff, IMO and lots of others im sure will agree. i dont know if your set on new but i bet you could find what your looking for in the classifieds for a bout 80 shipped if you lurk long enough.

No offense but I feel like everything I posted is a better option than an Audiopipe. I was under the impression that MTX and Hifonics make bad amps?
LOL..Like you said, most manufacturers make different design lineups for different budgets.

In MTX, the one I posted will do rated, usually rated +. The jupiter I posted is from HiFonics' top line of amps..going down from there, u have the Brutus Elite, Brutus BRZ, Gladiator, Zeus and HiFi.

The Brutus BRZ is a good budget amp, it will do within a respectable 10% of rated, and for the $170 spent, it is a beast. My wife has been running a 1200w Brutus for 6 yrs @ 1ohm on 2 15's with 0 issues. Sonically, I cannot hear the difference between it and my AQ2200D, except in output volume. I figured between ohm rise and doing a tad less than rated, you would be good with that amp at 2ohms, with good headroom and room for future system design changes, should your mind change.

The MTX is a neat little compact amp, if space restraints were an issue.

As far as Good, there are better than these two, but most differences will be inaudible in your price range...and keeping durability in mind..there are a whole lot worse.

So in reference to sound quality, both that Hifonics BRZ, and MTX will sound just as good as let's say the JL JX500.1d I'm looking at on Onlinecarstereo?

Lol okay so those are all great and good options, but could you answer my question. In the $200 dollar budget will those mtx, Hifonics amp give me just as good sound quality as say the JL JX500.1d or Alpine mrx-m50, or the Rockford Fosgate r500.1d

you are also comparing jl, alpines, and fosgates lower end products. The fosgate is Chinese garbage, not like the old stuff anymore. The alpine wpuld prob be the best and as for the jl, I recently messed with one and was not impressed. Someone i sold my mmats 550rms d800.2 had the jl installed in their car and the mmats blew it away in sound quality and it felt like it was twice as loud.

Lol okay so those are all great and good options, but could you answer my question. In the $200 dollar budget will those mtx, Hifonics amp give me just as good sound quality as say the JL JX500.1d or Alpine mrx-m50, or the Rockford Fosgate r500.1d
Of course...what makes you think JL, Alpine or RF will sound as good as the others mentioned?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.