Help on what amp to push 2 12 inch kickers to fullest

dray67

Yuma,AZ
I currently have 2 12 inch 4ohm kicker l7 and a mbquart 1500.1 monoblock amp pushing them, but they sound horrible. I was thinking rf t1500, What about kicker?? I'm not too familar with all the ohm loads and everything, so plaese any input b4 i spend a lotta $ on wrong amp would be highly appreciated,Thank u

thats about what there in, its a huge box, i didnt adjust gains cuz i really dont know how, but i think i just need a better amp, because i hook up one and it sounds good

what kind of box do you have it in? Anything ordered through the internet will sound like sh*t to be honest. Kickers need BIG BIG boxes to sound remotely good. You probably have too small and inefficient of a box which makes the sub act like its not getting enough power and its struggling to breathe. Box = power handling, too small = needs larger amounts of power to get things moving, bigger = requires less power to reach mechanical limit

Edit: Learn how to set your gains correctly before throwing money for a new amp. how is it setup right now?

thats about what there in, its a huge box, i didnt adjust gains cuz i really dont know how, but i think i just need a better amp, because i hook up one and it sounds good
i would check wiring, if only one sounds good u may have you wires backwards on the subs. what ohms are those kickers?

use a multimeter and oscilloscope to set your gains. You might be experiencing weak input voltage from the head unit causing you have to set the gains a lil higher to match the head unit's voltage.

mb quart is a decent amp, both those amps you named are way better, but i have to agree with alot of members on here, get custom box and if you put that rf amp on them it will blow them!!! i can be a testament to that... get a dmm off ebay (i paid i think like 4.99) and set it right... something is not right though because i've heard those subs on a discus1000 and they got down... your ears also adjust to the music so if you are constantly trying to go up it may just be time to get new better subs....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.