Help on this ohm load?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oklahoma
I have a ? i have a dvc 12inch type R and i have the following wiring configuration can you tell me what ohm load it is and how to get a lower one? I have 1 vc's + hooked up the other vc's - and then i have it wired normal with the + and - of the amp. What ohm load is that is it possible to get lower and I am adding a sub soon so what then?

Ok if you wire all the +s together and all -s and its a 4ohm sub you will have a 2ohm load on your amp. Right now i think you have a plain 4ohm load.

what is the ohm load on my amp with just 1 positive and 1 negative wired with a foot long wire to each other. the positive to the amp and the other negative to the amp. What is the ohm load on my amp and how if i can do i get it lower?

Thhttp://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/1dvc.htmlen

this is a site the top picture should explain it.

right now it sounds like you have your sub wired in series which is presenting a 8ohm load to your amp. not the preferred wiring scheme for your set up... you need to wire your sub's VC's in parallel which would create a 2ohm load for your amp. as long as your amp is stable to 2ohms mono this is how you will get the most watts out of your amp. what amp do you have? model - watt ratings - ohm ratings?

p.s.,

you can visit my web page, by clicking on the link in my signature below, and look at page three (3) for some wiring diagrams.

Oh ya my bad dude this is how it goes if you have a dual 2 ohm sub wire it in series and its a 4ohm load dual 4ohm in series would be a 8ohm load now if you wire 2 2ohm subs in parllell you will have a 1 ohm load on your amp i think not really worked with 2 ohm subs well anyway and if you wired dual 4 ohm it would be yes a 2ohm load which is your best bet and the lowest you can go with your setup is 1 ohm if i am not mistaken which you have 2 subs wired in parllell and wired down in to 2ohms for each subs then bridge them which makes it a 1 ohm load i think i am not for sure but thats what i think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.