help on choosing

turnstylez18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Toronto
k i was at the local shop looking subs to pick up...i got it down to jl12w3v2 or the jl 10 or 12 w6v2....im only looking for one sub since 2 subs are too much weight for my car...im powering the sub with a pg x600.1 amp.

the guy at the local shop said that the w3 may be too much power..and if i get the w6 i have to get it in the box made by jl..the prowedge system or ho...

thats what the guy said...cant i put the w6 in a regular box..

what should i do? cuz i want a w6...a 10 or 12"??

Give JL a call. They will be more than happy to tell you what enclosure will or will not work with their subs. Matter of fact they have even drawn plans and faxed them to me.

k this is what the guy is selling ...these are canadian prices..

10w6 -425

12w6 -500

10w6 in prowedge box -600

12w6 in prowedge box -700

what should i do? i dont want to make a custom box...i just want to buy one prefab...and i want sql

k this is what i got it down to....

a 10w6 in a pro wedge box for 600? or a 12w6 in a prefab box like q-logic for 500 + 100 (box)?? so theyre basically like the same price...

which would be better?

If you have the tools and means to contruct your own, that's the way to go. If not, there's a mass of both designers and builders whom can help you out. The extra money spent on the prefab of the JL enclosure is much better put to use towards a custom enclosure for your specific application. I think you'll be much happier going this route.

If the guy will not deal with you, find another dealer. If you feel pressured into buying something, it's really not worth the hassle. You'll be much better off taking your business elsewhere.

If you have the tools and means to contruct your own, that's the way to go. If not, there's a mass of both designers and builders whom can help you out. The extra money spent on the prefab of the JL enclosure is much better put to use towards a custom enclosure for your specific application. I think you'll be much happier going this route.
If the guy will not deal with you, find another dealer. If you feel pressured into buying something, it's really not worth the hassle. You'll be much better off taking your business elsewhere.

so r u saying i should just buy the 12w6 by itsself..?

im thinking of gettting the 12 and just buying a qlogic box or another box from a local store...what do u think? will that be good?

and just buying a qlogic box or another box from a local store...what do u think? will that be good?
No. It would be much better to have a box built from someone that knows what they're doing; the quality in that case will be leagues beyond anything Q-Logic sells.

I was not looking into the quality aspect as I have had great experience with Q-logis in the past. I was referring to the added benefit of design shape and implementation of the enclosure into it's specific area.

You get a normal cube or rectangular enclosure and you're limited on the areas to where you can put it. A little time measuring and factoring and you could get away with some good use of dead space in your trunk/hatch or proposed mounting location. It will take up less space and put the unused space to good use.

ill probably get someone to build me a box...i just dont know what specs i need for it...all i know that the 12w6 needs .90 - 1.50cu.ft...

how much cu.ft will i need?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.