Help on a switch

Folly
10+ year member

i was gonna wire a switch to my amps so i wouldnt have to listen to bass all the time if i diddnt want to and also so i could cut it fast if a cop was to come by.......but im using 2 ga. amp kits so how could i wire a switch with the power wire being so big??? should i try it or just forget about it and do somehting else???? if anybody has an idea or suggestion let me know. thanks

my amp dosent have a remote for it so how would i go about doin it? my friends have theres wired in but they have an amp that is well less powerfull

i prob sound dumb but o well i would rather us both know what were talking about and be on the same page so one i can get help and 2 i dont get confused and anough u all

ok so do i just run a wire from the amp to a switch and then to what?? like i know where u talking about now the input for it is like where the ground and power is correct??

All amps have a connection near the power wires called Remote (or just REM) that goes to a small wire. That wire is a control signal that goes to your deck, and it turns the amp on and off. All you need to do is cut that wire and put a switch inline with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.