HELP! New Amp Necessary?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ntascrname
10+ year member

Virginia
I'm putting in a cd player, 2 6.5" component speakers in the front, 2 6.5" regular speakers in the back totaling about $500.

Do I absolutely NEED a new amplifier to go with my speakers and cd player or can I make use with the factory installed amp. A matter of fact, what exactly does an amp do!? I'm really clueless...

Can I still get decent sound and solid bass without a new amp or is that pretty much required. Right now the whole system is the good 'ol factory 95 accord setup. I have no need for earth shaking bass or ridiculously loud volume, mainly I want semi-crisp sound with decent bass.

Please explain/advise.

Thanks,

Ntascrname

well u will get decent sound with just the headunit . but if you were to just pick up a 4 channel amp and hooks those babies up the sound quality and power will dramatically increase. but it should sound pretty good with just the headunit

it should sound fine with the head unit but if you want really good sound by a amp may one with 60 watts to all 4 channels it would sound much better than the head unit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.