Help needed to identify the cables - Chinese head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

avi

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi. I'm sure that the members have much more experience than I have and I hope that you will be able to offer help identifying these cables on the loom of a Chinese hu kit that I've purchased and would like to install. the black cable on the left- marked no.9- is separated and have a different connector, not the rca type. no 3 and no 4 are the only ones that the manufacturer was kind enough to write on the label in English. they are marked "aux r in" no.3 and "aux l in" no.4. they are the only two that I know what they are for. all the others are an enigma . looking forward for your help.
One more thing that I would like to ask - there is in the kit a reversing camera. I understand that it's powered from the reverse lamp. is it allowed to connect it directly to the wire delivering the voltage to the bulb, or do I have to use a relay since as far as I know the vehicle (2012 Toyota Yaris) has a Canbus?
Thanx.

Attachments

• IMG_20201115_155127.jpg
    IMG_20201115_155127.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 158
Thanx for your reply. all of them with the exception of no.9 and no.5, are with RCA connectors.
btw - what is the thin gray wire no.5?

No, no remote. if that's the case, it can be ignored. what is the use for am additional Aux input?

Ease of use I guess. You can have an ipod or something permanently connected and hidden away and use the other for your phone. My 80prs has dual as well. Never used either.

Hi. thanks to the help I received so far, part of the mystery resolved. what I've found in the kit, that there is additional cable for the reverse camera and there is a dedicated connector for it on the unit. thanx to advice given by dragon.breath, I learnt that the Chinese writing on the label, above the "camera" says that it's the reversing camera. now, as you can see in the picture attached - there are two short blue wires with white strip, my guess this wires somehow controls the mode of the display, turning it to show the content provided from the camera. any idea how and to where these wires should be connected? I guess that it have to be connected some how to the voltage coming from the reverse light when the selector engaged into "reverse" position.
Thanx.

Attachments

• IMG_20201116_081735.jpg
    IMG_20201116_081735.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 152
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.