Help Needed. Sub Amp Hissing

Participant count
  • Participant list
This just started recently. Maybe 5 days or less. It happens when I turn off my vehicle and have been playing the music loud. I also hear the amp clicking like it's turning off after the hissing has stopped. This is the first time I've heard this happen.

The amp in question is a PG QX900.1D and is attached to the back seat of my SUV.

Thanks for your input and help.

So this happens when your vehicle is turned off and audio off?? Could be the internal parts "relaxing". Or remove the cobra within your amp

So this happens when your vehicle is turned off and audio off?? Could be the internal parts "relaxing". Or remove the cobra within your amp
Hahaha.

Yeah, I hear the hissing noise as soon as I turn off the vehicle and the hissing usually lasts around 3-5 seconds then stops followed by what I assume as the amp powering off by making a clicking sound.

Never heard it before until just recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the soft on/off circuitry is not working properly, the noise you're describing sounds like the caps emptying after power is removed. This happens in all amps but you don't usually hear it because the circuit cuts the outputs upon the "off" trigger.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.