Help Needed: Connecting Polk MM6501s and Polk MM651s to a Multi-Channel Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

blacksharpiemar

Canada
Hello all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I recently purchased a 4 channel amplifier (specs below) and need some assistance wiring my polk speakers at a 2 Ohm load. My car audio knowledge is limited.

Here are the amplifier specs:

Class AB circuitry - 2 ohm stable

Continuous power

- 4 ohms (RMS) - 65 x 4

- 2 ohms (RMS) - 100 x 4

Bridged Power

- 4 ohms (RMS) - 190 x 2

Maximum Power

- 4 ohms - 130 x 4

- 2 ohms - 200 x 4

The amplifier is a Precision-Acoustics PA604 and has four (+ & -) output terminals.

How can I ensure the speakers are wired at a 2 Ohm load as opposed to 4 Ohm? Your assistance is much appreciated!

you take 2 4 ohm speakers . connect positive terminal on speaker 1 to positive terminal on speaker 2 . do the same for the negative side. now connect the + terminal on speaker 2 to the postive connection on amp . do the same for the negative. and boom there you go 2 ohm load. now im not sure if you wanna use a 2ohm load on a single channel or bridge 2 channels into one and do it that way. hope i could help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.