Amp light on no sound from sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

ssgtdj

MD
The ground wire on my amp recently came loose while was driving. Everything is hooked back up and the amp light is on, but no sound from the amp. It sounds like the sub tries to come on for a second. Do you guys think the ground coming off damaged the sub?

You could test the sub using a AA battery. Did you check your power wire fuse? It's possible the light is still coming on because the amp is still getting some voltage but not enough to power it up completely.

Yep it was the sub. I really liked that sub. Seemed like it should have been that the amp that got damaged. I took it back and got a refund. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.