help need going on kinitek battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

erik019
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
IN
i have a 2005 chrysler 300 and i am have a dimming problem i have about 2000 rms running through there and i have a 5 farad cap also. i am thinking about either going with the kinitek 800 as a secondary battery or just going with the kinitek 1800 as the primary battery. any help or opinion will be greatful.

If it were me I would run a 2000 in the back where it would do the most help. Best way to do it though would be an 1800 under the hood and an 1800 in the back. The kinetik model numbers are also their recommended wattage support.

Dimming can be from many different issues be it the lack of the big three to the way the electrical system reacts to large loads of current to simply the alt being too small for what you are trying to push with it.

so do everyone agree drop the cap it useless i dont really have the money to buy 2 battery now so if i but just one the primary battery will be the best one to start off with my primary battery is located in my trunk as far as the big 3 i did change my battery groung to 2 gauge wire and the wire running from my alt to the battery in my trunk is about 2 gauge at least but on my cap and the radion ion my car say that the voltage on my battery never goes above around 13.8 it never even hit 14 even if i have nothing playing. thanks 4 all the help

Add the 2 ga ground from the engine block to the chassis and you'll have the Big 3 complete. You'd be better off with the Kinetik and dropping the capacitor. Since your main battery is already in the trunk can you fit an HC2400 instead of an HC1800?

I would add to the existing battery with a large battery for good reserve. Thats why I suggested a 2000. The smallest I would go is a 1400 as a secondary battery on a system of that power. If you just want 1 battery total I would get the very biggest you could stuff into the location.

one more question since i am more leaning toward the 2000 now instead of the 1800 or maybe even the 2400 if it can fit i need to measure soon as i go outside but as far as my alt go i do not want to upgrade that. will it charge them all the same. thanks 4 all helps guy.

When you want to run a lot of power sometimes you can not help but to upgrade the alt. Amplifier power has far surpassed alternator power over the last 4 or 5 years. You can get 3000 watt amps from MANY companies and how many 300 amp alts are there for daily use? When you want to big amps part of doing it right is having the electrical system to power it right. If I had a battery in back car with long runs between alt and battery I would do it in 0 ga and then if I wasn't going to upgrade my alt I would more than likely not run over a 1500 watt system. In an older car or truck I might lean more to running more because parts are usually cheaper for old ford and chevy vehicles but chryslers have always been expensive. They are VERY nice cars though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.