Help !!! my live and remotes ! smoke from wires only not amp or subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassHeadzZ

snzn
iv had my set up for 3years now

i v had all the same connections all the time

the remote and live wire came off so i re put them back on

and after 1-2hour smoke was coming.the live was burning all the way down but i quickly took it off and the ground out

i put it back with fresh wiring cut and it stills kicks no subs burned or amp smoke,?

just the live gets really hot and starts smoking out and burns the wire down

please help me i want my system working im waiting for a reply,im going to re check my woring ,but please help

sounds like your shorted somewhere. disconnect the positive line to the amp from the battery, and the amp. then get a dmm and check resistance from the power wire to gnd. if that passes, check the amps terminals pos to gnd to see if your shorted internally.

Do you have a fuse installed anywhere in the system?

Also, tell us more about your setup. wire guage, amp, extra batteries etc..

check where it goes through the firewall. someone may not have used a grommet
Ive actually did this to myself once when i was 18.. took 2 years to happen.

Ohm out your "live" wire to gnd with both ends detatched

Ive actually did this to myself once when i was 18.. took 2 years to happen.
Ohm out your "live" wire to gnd with both ends detatched
Lol, that's why I told him to check cause I know that's about how long it takes for it to happen....

Lol, that's why I told him to check cause I know that's about how long it takes for it to happen....
Very true. ive also seen some one years ago run a 4 gu through the door jam(like a newb would), and it shorted there after a couple years.

With new members, ive seen you cant judge intellect from first post.. hence why my first post was vague . no offence OP.

Again, no fuse?? or HIGHLY overrated fuse??

iv not got time but tomorrow actually day of , spending couple hours and re wiring perfectly and tuning up more thanka for help lads

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.