Help me with this install I’ll pay you a little cash 🤷🏻‍♂️

AySly

Modesto
I’ve been stuck working on this **** all day and I really just want this to work and will throw you a little bit of cash if you can help me. I have this shitty ass head unit with only 1 white and 1 red output rcas.View attachment 26372
then I have this amp View attachment 26373
It is a Kicker KXA4004 KXA400.4 4x100w 4-ch Full Range Class D Amplifier..

I ordered 2 Rca Y splitters 1M/ 2F with two sets of 4 male rca and a 18 awg twisted multi use cable.

I have everything hooked up except the speaker wires to the amp because I’m not sure how it works, where to tap in. Do I create a y and keep then plugged into the harness- into the HU and run them to the amp? or completely cancel out the harness and run directly to the amp then how to install the rcas?

View attachment 26374
I really hope you can help!

Plug the twisted cable into the HU RCAs, run that cable to the amp and use the y-splitters to plug the one right channel to both right inputs on the amp and one left channel to both left inputs on the amp.

So you have aftermarket speakers and want to use the factory speaker wiring with an aftermarket amp?

You would need to cut the aftermarket headunit wire harness that has the speaker wiring. Then connect your factory speaker wiring to the amp with something like 9 wire or smaller depending on how many speakers you are wanting to run.

For RCAs. You run your RCA cable to your amp. Then use your splitter to split the one white(left) to two lefts. Connect to both white RCAs at the amp. Then do the same with the Red(right) RCAs.

So you have aftermarket speakers and want to use the factory speaker wiring with an aftermarket amp?

You would need to cut the aftermarket headunit wire harness that has the speaker wiring. Then connect your factory speaker wiring to the amp with something like 9 wire or smaller depending on how many speakers you are wanting to run.

[/URL]

For RCAs. You run your RCA cable to your amp. Then use your splitter to split the one white(left) to two lefts. Connect to both white RCAs at the amp. Then do the same with the Red(right) RCAs.
So just to be clear the speaker wires from the wiring harness will no longer need to go into the head unit? I just use this wire you mentioned in the last post to run them directly to the Amp? Oh and this is for (4) 6.5s

[/URL]

If he has 1m to 2f y splitters he would need a 2 ch. f to f adaptor and a third set of RCAs to split at the amp right? Or he could split at the HU and run two sets to the amp.

So I got it hooked up and it’s definitely amplified but having issues with the tuning.. I might have the left and rights or front and rears mixed up on the amp side... would that effect the sound at all? Also where does the blue wire in the 9wire cable on the amp side go into??

It would effect the left/right balance and front/rear fade only if it were not correct.

The blue wire in 9 wire can be used as the remote turn on for the amp. But they are not specific for anything.

This is without researching the amp in question, but most 4 channel amps have a switch for “2 channel” and “4 channel” mode. 2 channel is for use with 1 set of inputs (L and R) 4 channel is for if you’re running different frequencies to each set of speaker. Doesn’t sound like you are so put it in “2 channel” and call it a day.

For wiring the speakers,... 100w per speaker is way way too much for stock speaker wires. Even if your car has 18 gauge wire (lots have 20 gauge) you should run 14 gauge into the doors or set the amp up so it’s never putting out more than 75w.
If you’re okay with risking wires melting etc. then cut out as much of the stock wire as you can, run 14 gauge to where the stock wires go into the doors and splice them together as close as possible to that point. Find out what color the wires for each door are BEFORE you start. The less you use the better as even 18 gauge will get quite hot with 100w running through it, might even need to worry about starting a fire especially if your cars wires are 20awg.

Just to cover myself if any of this advice is followed, don’t use ANY of the stock wires UNLESS you can set the amp up so you KNOW it will NEVER produce more than 75w. Trade the amp in for something with less wattage or run 14 gauge into the doors. Otherwise you risk starting fires that insurance won’t cover, even if you live through it. Or set it up so it’s never putting out more than 75w.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.