Help me replace my CVX?

Cornbreadxd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I had a 12" Kicker CVX and it was awesome but I was in a car accident last fall and the sub blew when the airbag deployed:verymad:. So now I am wondering If I should get another one or is there another sub that will sound cleaner and would be able to handle my Autotek MM 1000.1D. I had the CVX wired in a sealed enclosure to a 1ohm load because it was a dual coil 2ohm sub. Any suggestions and preferably under $250 of something that will take 750+ watts?

well those are nice but a little out of my range and on RE's website it says that they need aported enclosure and I only have a sealed one right now

well those are nice but a little out of my range and on RE's website it says that they need aported enclosure and I only have a sealed one right now
You should've had a ported enclosure for the kicker subs... So build one. So many people assume you have to buy one, and then hesitate to spend all the money on one :/

Ok so I've looked into maybe getting a Fi Q or a BL, does anyone know how these compare to the CVX?
if you could find those used then they'd be in your price range and definietly be better than the cvx. I'd say a type r. I had 2 cvx's on a zx1500.1 at 1 ohm and then switched to 2 type r's not only were they louder but they were taking about a 1000 watts a piece.

re sx will sound alot cleaner !
False!

Not only are you a scammin' sum bish, you give out shitty advice to boot.

Ok so I've looked into maybe getting a Fi Q or a BL, does anyone know how these compare to the CVX?
I replaced my Q with my CVX that I sold ya and enjoyed the CVX much more. Granted it actually worked when my Q didn't so much.

if you could find those used then they'd be in your price range and definietly be better than the cvx. I'd say a type r. I had 2 cvx's on a zx1500.1 at 1 ohm and then switched to 2 type r's not only were they louder but they were taking about a 1000 watts a piece.
Install is key here. I have had two type R's off 1000rms total back in the day and my 1 CVX I had was just as loud to the ear......not so much a mic and cleaner.

***** to hear about your car mang. Didn't you wreck the one before that too IIRC?

I miss that sub I sold ya. Glad to hear your ok though.

I also switched from a cvx to a Q and like my Fi a lot more, but hard to say which is better bc I went from 10s to an 18 but I still like the Q better in my opinion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.