help me refine my setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

fasteddie
10+ year member

hawaii
Hi,

I have a rockford 12" punch hx2 running off a jbl 600.1 in a 2 cubic foot box with a slot port tuned to 35hz. Its loud, but not quite loud enough, and i don't really want to spend more money on another sub/amp, so i thought i would refine my current setup to get the most from it. This is in a reg cab f150 so space is limited. My questions are:

What size box should i go with and with what sized port?

Which way should i face the sub for it to be the loudest(only choices are front or back)?

I was thinking of going up to 2.5 cubic feet w/ maybe the same port and facing it back. What do u guys think? thanks.

Originally posted by SPLThunder BANDPASS by a lot

louder than anyported if you can construct one
Keyword...IF...and I don't know if a bandpass would blow away a ported...or else everyone would be using bandpasses in dB Drag...bandpasses are a pain in the ass to build, just port the thing.

Originally posted by fasteddie Hi,

I have a rockford 12" punch hx2 running off a jbl 600.1 in a 2 cubic foot box with a slot port tuned to 35hz. Its loud, but not quite loud enough, and i don't really want to spend more money on another sub/amp, so i thought i would refine my current setup to get the most from it. This is in a reg cab f150 so space is limited. My questions are:

What size box should i go with and with what sized port?

Which way should i face the sub for it to be the loudest(only choices are front or back)?

I was thinking of going up to 2.5 cubic feet w/ maybe the same port and facing it back. What do u guys think? thanks.
I gather that your box was made with the reocmmended size and frequency...

Jmac or someone as reputable has your answer...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.