Help me port new box...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slody4Futbol
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Jackson, MS
I'm going to be building another box soon for 2 Polk Momo 10's... the specs I have for my box are as follows...

Exterior Dimensions...

Height - 15"

Width - 29¼"

Depth - 15¼

Interior Dimensions...

Height - 13½"

Width - 27¾"

Depth - 13¾"

There is a divider in the middle for the 2 subs, 3/4" MDF all around. Can you tell me how long the port should be? It'll be a 3" round port, and I want it ported around 38-42 hz. Or whatever you think for good sql. I want it to be leaned more towards sq though. Thanks guys. If you need any more info just let me know.

MM2104

Resonant Frequency 35.2 Hz

Qms 13.77

Qes .5

Qts .48

Vas 1.083 cu.ft. / 30.67 L

Bl 14 Tesla Meters

Sd 57.72 sq.in. / 353 sq.cm.

Xmax (linear) .709 in. / 18 mm.

Le 2.56 mH

and by the way.... if my measurements are off and your program says i should make my box bigger or smaller please let me know... i can go measure my trunk anytime and let u know how wide or tall we can make the box

lol sorry... i just have my measurements up on my wall on some paper and wondered if exactly what the polk recommendations were tuned at... it had those specs... 1.25 cu ft per sub... with 2 3x10 ports per chamber... so i was just wondering if it was tuned where i'd like it... or if i should change it up... and i'm gonna be pushing between 300-350 watts per sub

i have 1 10 in a single box i built a few weeks ago with about 240 watts going to it and it sounds great for a single 10... but i went from 4 10's to a single 10... and it's not enough so i'm gonna add another and build a new box... and get new amps for everything

hmm... i'd like it to be tuned lower than that... i want really good sq... if i tune it lower will it mess anything up? and how many and how long should the ports be if i tune it lower? sorry for all the questions..

thanks a lot jmac... guess i'll start measuring and drawing so i can get measurements and go get wood soon... by the way what program are you using? i'd like 2 try it out one day

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.