help me please

Platinum-Reefa

U.K
Hey wassup everyone i need sum help on choosing a right amp n sub to conect in my first car

so far im planing to get an Alpine headunit(CDA-9812RB)

with 2 pairs of Alpine standard speakers (SPS170A) to replace the ones in the car

For my bass i wana get the Alpine Type R (SWR-1541D)* 15" Subwoofer * Peak Power 1500W * 500W RMS Power *

cuz im sorta cash i was thinking about conecting it to the Sony Xplode XM-D1000P5 *RMS Power at 2 Ohms 900W x 1

cuz im new to all this i duno what RMS and Ohms are can sum one plz tell me

thanx!

first off, what is your price range...i was interested in the 1541's and i was informed they are not worth what you must pay for them...and i think its general knowledge that sony doesnt make very "great" amps...i would go with diff. subs and amp...seems like your paying too much for subs and not enough for amp...and you deff. need a good amp

cuz im new to all this i duno what RMS and Ohms are can sum one plz tell me thanx!
An Ohm is a measurment of resistence to current; so the more ohms, then current will be resisted more (note that home speakers typically are 8ohm since there much more current rather than car speakers 12.3vots nom.). So, 2ohms will have less resistence than 4ohms, but there will be like twice as much power (that explains why 2ohms have more wattage); although, due to technicall reasons that I'm not sure how to explain (not a science theriorizer), some amplifiers don't put out their "true" power at less resistance. Due to this, and Sony not good at making amplifiers, i would stay away from them. Powering at 2ohms will allow you to get more wattage than at 4ohms; basically a way to save money, or find "hard to find" high power amplifiers... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

I'm not sure how RMS is "exactly" defined, but look at it this way. RMS for amplifiers basically tell you how much you will get out of theme countinuosly, and RMS for speakers basically means how much they are recommended for. Ignore, peak power; that just means how much they can handle, so unless your running for SPL competition then its not really necessary.

Iff your on a budget, then maybe you could check out USacoustic amplifiers, or find a good deal at some online "speacilty" store (because we know that BestBuy and Circuit City ****.......).

Check out CBRsterio.com, theZeb, sounddomain, ike sound, ect....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.