Help Me Fix My System.. Spent a lot of money and Im NOT happy :-(

Participant count
  • Participant list

stikystikyricky
10+ year member

Okay.. I will try to make this as simple as possible. I have a 2008 Toyota Tundra.

The truck comes stock with 2 front door speakers, 2 dash mounted 3.5" speakers up by the windshield, 1 center channel speaker(empty but I could build a plate if needed), 2 rear speakers.

I purchased:

1 infinity 475a 4channel amp 75rms x 4

1 infinity 1600a bridged to 2 pioneer shallow mount subs

Front components are ppi 356cs

Rear components are Focal 130 a1

Head unit is an eclipse double din avn52d

My problem:

When turned up high, front speakers distort and sound like $hit.. Im not getting the clear crisp loud sound I want. (Bought Brand new from sonic)

Rear speakers Focal 130a (Bought off ebay used for $130..) Speakers were dirty.. had dirt on them... Looked like they were sitting in someones back yard or something. Tested it with a mulitimeter.. came up as 4ohms.. figured they were good. Hooked them up in the back, sound fine but when the bass hits the speakers sound like they are being pushed wayyy to hard... You can hear the bass popping in the speakers.. sounds like the speakers are hitting the door pannel or someting but I checked and they arent.. Sounds like ****!!

Solution??

I thought maybe keep my PPI's up front.. move the tweeter fron the dash to the pillar post or cut a hole in the door and install a nice set of 3.5" maybe infinity speakers in the dash hooked up to the deck?

Rear speakers... Turn the amp to hi-pass and try to get rid of all bass....

I have no clue what to do.... Maybe move my front speakers to the back.. get a nice set of 3 way components for the front?? 6 1/2, 3.5", and a tweeter???

I dont know what to do.. I spent a **** ton of money and it sounds like ass when its loud. I want it to be screaming loud and crisp and clean... Please help...

I suggest you put a subsonic/high pass filter on the rear speakers and check the gain on the front channel on your 475a. Do that and if it doesn't help, come back and we'll figure something else out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.