Help me design a ported box for e10k (2003 series)

Participant count
  • Participant list

SensesFail
10+ year member

Sometimes I wonder...
Hey all...I have a nice stereo system in my car, but my brother has NOTHING bumping in his Jetta. Right now, I have an Elemental Designs e10K subwoofer (2003 edition) sitting in my room, and I've decided that I'd hook my brother up with it...All he has to do is buy the materials for a box. We want to go ported also. This driver is a 10" subwoofer with about a month's use, and there's no reason it should sit on my dresser!

Could/Would anyone be kind enough to help draw out blueprints on something that will make this sound good and get loud? I'm thinking ported at around 30hz. I've done searches and tried to learn about ported enclosures, but unfortunately I'm too stupid to do this alone. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif Any help is appreciated.

Specifications e10K e12K e15K

Qts. -.34

Qms. -5

Qes. -.36

Fs. -28hz

Vas. -35 L

Sensitivity -85.1 dB

Re. -1.75 Per Coil

xMax -15.8 mm

BL Product -20

Sd -490

Magnet Weight -100oz

Displacement -.07 CF

Cut - Out Diameter -9 1/4"

High Excursion Back Plate -yes

Speaker Weight -17

Mounting Depth -5.4"

Oh, and these are the only specs I could find on eD's site.

Thank you. :boobies:

Hey all...I have a nice stereo system in my car, but my brother has NOTHING bumping in his Jetta. Right now, I have an Elemental Designs e10K subwoofer (2003 edition) sitting in my room, and I've decided that I'd hook my brother up with it...All he has to do is buy the materials for a box. We want to go ported also. This driver is a 10" subwoofer with about a month's use, and there's no reason it should sit on my dresser!
Could/Would anyone be kind enough to help draw out blueprints on something that will make this sound good and get loud? I'm thinking ported at around 30hz. I've done searches and tried to learn about ported enclosures, but unfortunately I'm too stupid to do this alone. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif Any help is appreciated.

Specifications e10K e12K e15K

Qts. -.34

Qms. -5

Qes. -.36

Fs. -28hz

Vas. -35 L

Sensitivity -85.1 dB

Re. -1.75 Per Coil

xMax -15.8 mm

BL Product -20

Sd -490

Magnet Weight -100oz

Displacement -.07 CF

Cut - Out Diameter -9 1/4"

High Excursion Back Plate -yes

Speaker Weight -17

Mounting Depth -5.4"

Oh, and these are the only specs I could find on eD's site.

Thank you. :boobies:
what kind of size dimensions are you looking at?

what can he fit.

Well, right now he has a 1989 Wolfsburg Edition Jetta. He has probably about few cubic feet to work with. I don't think that the box will need more room, but it's probably around there. I'd give exact measurements of his trunk size, but he's out at work right now with it.

I'm guessing about 1.5' high x 2-2.5' wide x 2' depth. I could be wrong...but that's just a guess-timate.

Well, right now he has a 1989 Wolfsburg Edition Jetta. He has probably about few cubic feet to work with. I don't think that the box will need more room, but it's probably around there. I'd give exact measurements of his trunk size, but he's out at work right now with it.
I'm guessing about 1.5' high x 2-2.5' wide x 2' depth. I could be wrong...but that's just a guess-timate.
k. lemme see.

box volume= 1ft^3

port tuning= 33hz

port size = 8in X 2.5in

port length =45.4"

port volume =.52ft^3, port volume with wood thickness = .99ft^3

net box volume =1.99ft^3 (after port area\driver)

.75" mdf box size =16x15x15

i think thats it- can anybody verify that? im still learning and im trying out what ive learned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.