Help me choose speakers for my Caravan.

ledvedder
10+ year member

NJ
I'd like to upgrade the factory speakers in my Dodge Caravan. I'm not looking to spend crazy amounts of money. I just purchased a Clarion CZ702 head unit for it. Crutchfield says my van takes 5 1/4 in the dash, 6 1/2 in the front doors, and 6x9 in the back. They've recommended Pioneer speakers. I'm just looking for some recommendations on some mid-level, good sounding speakers.

Just off the head unit for now. Maybe I'll add an amp in the future, when I figure out where to put it and have the $$$ for one.

Well, initially, I wasn't planning on amping. I was just looking for some good speaker recommendations within my budget. I'm not looking to win any competitions, I just want to have a decent, clear, full and crisp sound in my van. I don't need the windows shaking when I'm driving down the street.

I originally started out with a recommendation from Crutchfield for 3 sets of Pioneer coaxials for the rear, front door, and dash. But, I figured why not ask for opinions here. Perhaps there are better options for around the same price.

Well, initially, I wasn't planning on amping. I was just looking for some good speaker recommendations within my budget. I'm not looking to win any competitions, I just want to have a decent, clear, full and crisp sound in my van. I don't need the windows shaking when I'm driving down the street.
Your factory speakers are designed to run off the mediocre factory head unit power. Aftermarket speakers are designed to run off amps. They will run fine off of HU power, but they will be quieter than stock, because they have more/better material to move/more magnetic force to overcome. An amp will also improve the clarity and sound quality of the music. More power = less distortion and clipping = better sound.

I ended up getting JBL GTO608C components for the front. I'm gonna stick with the factory speakers in the rear for now. Now I just need to find a decent amp around $100.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.