Help me choose a new head unit please ...

Participant count
  • Participant list

onthebrink

Tx
I currently have a factory Chevy radio with XM and 6 disc changer. It has the Bose upgrade. I have steering wheel controls, ON star and a small radio in my second row for the kids.

It does NOT have bluetooth or an aux connection for my ipod.

It's messing up and I need to replace it.

My options are: another factory deck, that way my second row radio will still work. I won't need extra adapters for my steering wheel or ON Star. But of course I still won't have bluetooth either.

OR I could buy a new after market radio with bluetooth but I will have to buy extra adapters for my steering wheel controls and ON star AND my second row radio won't work anymore. My kids listen to it a lot with headphones.

My husband has a nice Kenwood Double Din that I LOVE but I also love having my second row radio also.

Thoughts? Which would you pick and why?

Which radio is messing up, the factory head unit or "the other one", i am very confused..

I don't understand why the "second row radio" stops working if you replace the factory head unit with an aftermarket unit, is the Bose upgrade what you refer to as the second row radio ?

Please elaborate so we can better help you..

I currently have a factory Chevy radio with XM and 6 disc changer. It has the Bose upgrade. I have steering wheel controls, ON star and a small radio in my second row for the kids.
It does NOT have bluetooth or an aux connection for my ipod.

It's messing up and I need to replace it.

My options are: another factory deck, that way my second row radio will still work. I won't need extra adapters for my steering wheel or ON Star. But of course I still won't have bluetooth either.

OR I could buy a new after market radio with bluetooth but I will have to buy extra adapters for my steering wheel controls and ON star AND my second row radio won't work anymore. My kids listen to it a lot with headphones.

My husband has a nice Kenwood Double Din that I LOVE but I also love having my second row radio also.

Thoughts? Which would you pick and why?
To clear up some stuff.

What car is it? I'm guessing chevy traverse like this

Whats your budget?

If you're on a budget but want to satisfy everything you have two budget friendly options

OEM factory replacement head unit and getting a bluetooth to fm transmitter where you pick a blank radio station and it will transmit bluetooth signal to that station. Its a fairly easy DIY job, just pop out the head unit, plug and play with the new one.

Next would be getting ani'd recommend getting a screenless double din head unit that can do bluetooth and ipod then buy the integration. Then buy your kids a cheap sansa mp3/fm player with a y splitter aux cable and have them download their own songs to put into it. Buying from sonic electronix will get you free wiring harness and dash mount. Installation will be trickier if you have no idea how to rewire the harness but if your having a professional or a knowledgeable friend do it, then no worries there.

Both options would be similar in pricing since OEM stereo replacements are severely priced.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.