HELP< TRUCK problems with 15 brahma box staging

turborob
10+ year member

miami
wassssssup

I have a 2003 dodge ram quad cab and am having a hard time finding a good space to put my sub.

right now it sits facing forward in the middle of my back to seats, I would like the sub to face down on the floor and replace my middle seat i am wondering if i would get better sound from a ported box than a sealed box, it is not going in a trunk so i want a box that i can direct the sound for the least cancellation possible.

please let me know you opinions on which way to face the sub, it sounds good but i notice that when i put down all my windows it pounds harder or when i face it a certain way it goes louder and cleaner, would a ported box resolve this and just face it which ever way.

thanks

Most vehicles sound louder with the windows down without a doubt. If you were to replace the seat with the sub and box your best bet would be to face it either up or towards the rear. You could fire it down as well but you would want to leave about six inches for the sub to move and work. As far as ported/sealed that is a matter of opinion and is one of the threads at the top of the subwoofer page. With the sub being that close to you I'd try and go with a larger box whether it was sealed or ported. You will not have as much cabin gain on the low end 30-50 hz with it that close to your ears ao I'd go with a box on the large end of the recommended enclosure range. Personally I'd go with a large sealed box facing the back of the truck or slanted toward the back window/ceiling.

thanks for the advice, I'm going to try facing the box like that, and hopefully i can build a custom to replace my middle seat.

Also my quetion about ported was if the placing of it would matter as much as sealed. Would i be able to just place the ported box anywhere and sound good because the sealed will sound good only when facing certain directions.

make a bracket that bolts right into where your seat mounted at so you can mount your box like the roll in a paper towel dispenser--that way you can point it up down back or forward. and yesssssss go orted.

I was told that the subs just needed to move more air and that with the windows down there is more flow, but this sound slike bs. I think it might be about the acoustics of your car, with my truck it sounds louder but with my integra it sounds louder with windows closed.

HMMMMM any experts care to help us out

alittle of a old post but........ the way I THOUGHT of it... (remeber this is WHAT I thought of) is that the reason that it sounds louder with the windows down is because the inside of your car actually acts like another box, the sound is sent into your car and it bounces around and with the windows down it acts like a sorta "ported" box.

This is my opinion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.