Help improving my stock system in 2012 Honda Pilot Touring

Participant count
  • Participant list

SeaNile
10+ year member

I'm not completely new to car audio but not sure what and how to improve on this stock system. First, I need to keep all the features and functionality of the current system with rear DVD, navigation, BT phone, 10 speakers, center channel, etc. What I am looking to do is vastly improve the stock system sound, volume and SQ. More than likely will do in a few stages and ultimately would like to stay under $2K.

From what I understand is I need a line out converter and keep the stock headunit, sounds good to me. If I can just replace door speakers and give them and the stock sub more power that would be a good first step for me.

My last system in my Explorer I went with Boston speakers and Alpine sub. After about 2 months the one speaker developed a buzz which I can only image was from listening to it too loud. So do I go with more power this time around to the speakers?

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks.

start with a jl clean sweep,then add new components up frt and a sub with amps or an amp to power them,i can help with pricing and you can purchase everything from me also new with warranty also

Quick question....when listening to this system, do all 10 speakers output? Or when I crank up the tunes is it more of a traditional system with door speakers and sub? Just wondering if I upgrade to components in the fronts, upgrade the rears and give it a lot more power will it really make a substantial difference?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.