help, im a noob

Participant count
  • Participant list
i have a rockford p3d215 dual 2 ohm sub. its rms is 600 watts and 1200 max. whats the best rockford amp for me to buy for it?
Hi there. First and foremost, welcome to CarAudio.com. You've got a dual voice coil 2-ohm sub on your hands, so you'll be running it at either 1 or 4 ohms. So, you'll want to look for an amp that could put out the power accordingly. I honestly don't know a whole lot about Rockford's line of amps, but there are also many other brands of amplifiers that you could use. Honestly, looking around sites like 3Kings and SonicElectronix is usually a good way to not only find amplifiers to use, but to just learn about the different kinds as well. I'd definitely stick to Class D monoblock amplifiers, try to avoid using 4 channel amplifiers to power a sub.

Like I said - look around, explore different brands. See what you like. You'll want an amplifier that'll put out at least 600w at 1 or 4 ohms. Let me know if you have any questions about anything I've said, and I hope you get the answers you're looking for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.