Help. I messed up a wire to amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Msladya411

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I was trying to move my sub over and now it no longer makes a sound. I see the wire that is no longer connected , Problem is I am not sure where to put it back into. I have enclosed a pictures of it. Its of course the small blue wire that is out, I'm pretty sure it goes next to the other small wire, But I am scare to do anything until someone can tell me where it goes. I know it sounds stupid but I would appreciate anyone who can guide me on this. I took it to a radio shop down the street,. I explained I had moved the speaker he said that wont pull out a wire like that, ANd its probably electrical that popped it out and wanted 200.00 to trace the problem. I really do not want to spend 200.00

Attachments

• 20230408_005622.jpg
    20230408_005622.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 20230408_005644.jpg
    20230408_005644.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
he said that wont pull out a wire like that, ANd its probably electrical that popped it out and wanted 200.00 to trace the problem.
Whoa! I would like to watch the electrical event that pops out a wire without leaving any kind of scorching. That guy missed out an opportunity of making a lifelong customer. He should have just wired it back into the + and let the customer decide on a tip. Most people are appreciative of honesty and will return to shop because of it.

Whoa! I would like to watch the electrical event that pops out a wire without leaving any kind of scorching. That guy missed out an opportunity of making a lifelong customer. He should have just wired it back into the + and let the customer decide on a tip. Most people are appreciative of honesty and will return to shop because of it.
Yeah,what a jerk off.this is why i stopped going to shops a long time ago and learned as i progressed over the years...AND i would put that shop on Blast to not go there for ANYTHING !!

Last edited:
Reminds me of going to a local shop, and I was quoted $100 to have a job done. Went back later and was quoted $300 by another employee. I was just starting my stereo upgrade journey. I left and started my DIY journey. Funny what you can do if you have too.

I remember when i was younger learning about car audio ...i was doing an install in my new Mustang ....i had bought a Proton 271 passive equalizer in the late 80s.. .and installed it to my Sony CD player...i was getting terrible ignition noise ...So i ride up to a semi local stereo shop and see 3 or 4 workers and owner ..sitting in front of a stereo shop ..the lights inside were off doors open ...so anyway i start to tell them my issue ..and the owner smarted off ..
And said " What, Crutchfield wont come and install it for you ? ..."
I saw then a bunch smartasses...so i just left and went to RS ..the guy was nice there and said its probably a ground loop and sold me an RCA to RCa groundloop filter ...in the parking lot i plugged ...it in and no more whining noise ...
So i went back to the stereo ahop and told the guys what i did to fix it and told them it took 2 minutes ...and never went back there again ....about a year or so later with a little trial and error in systems i come in 2nd place at USACi World Finals .....the shop with the smartasses had done shut down ..and i never let anyone touch my vehicles again as far as car audio goes ....

Okay so I take it from your guys response. That what the stereo guy was saying is not possible? Of course not. I don't know what I was thinking. I have helped install head units and things ike that. But only in older cars. I have a new well new to me 2021 Kia GT. And when I was quoted 2500.00 by Best Buy to put a new head unit it. I decided that set up is way to complicated for me to be touching anything. Thanks guy I appreciate the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...