help - Dodge caravan 2001 -replaced speaker not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

hooneey

ab, ca
hi .....

So i replaced HU, its sony... stock speakers worked fine, replaced with kicker speaker ( rear ) and there is almost no sound......

my car is Dodge caravan 2001 with infinity system, so i bought speakers from crutchfield.ca....

when i opened rear stock speakers, there was little black unit on speakers with 4 or 5 wires going into it, so on phone crutchfiled support team told me to use Grey/Blue and green/orange wire on passenger side and green/blue and green/orange on driver side ( so that means we have eliminated infinity amp, which was on speakers.........)

and now they have no idea ........

but still almost no sound from speakers .....plz need some help.

i'm not using any amp ...just speakers.

its not even sound , u can just make it...that there is some sort of sound coming in , barely can assume that singer is singing with horrible distorted bass....its not like volume is low.....its like almost no volume with just horrible bass which is totally distrotred

so the speakers are producing sound, but don't go as loud as the ones you took out?

how are those speakers power'd? speaker cable straight from the aftermarket headunit to the speaker? check and adjust the settings on the new deck to see if it's not just something simple

ok.... so right now only two speakers are connected one front and one rear.....front is stock speaker ( its working fine ) and rear replaced kicker......

yes they are connected to aftermarket hu and getting all power from hu.... .....i used wire harness to connect all wires for HU ( wire harness , ome wich come with hu and one for dodge )........

its not with settings of sterio coz...i've test with balance and fader fuction of hu.....

i'm not able to find any pic of that amp on speaker ...but thats sure its amp on the stock speaker......

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

how are those speakers power'd? speaker cable straight from the aftermarket headunit to the speaker? check and adjust the settings on the new deck to see if it's not just something simple
ok.... so right now only two speakers are connected one front and one rear.....front is stock speaker ( its working fine ) and rear replaced kicker......

yes they are connected to aftermarket hu and getting all power from hu.... .....i used wire harness to connect all wires for HU ( wire harness , ome wich come with hu and one for dodge )........

its not with settings of sterio coz...i've test with balance and fader fuction of hu.....

i'm not able to find any pic of that amp on speaker ...but thats sure its amp on the stock speaker......

what ohm is the kicker speaker you have wired to one of the rear channels? or have you got both left and right outputs from the headunits connected to one speaker?

i'd say there is a problem with your wiring... the headunit will have 4x outputs front (left and right) and rear (left and right) you have one speaker connected to the front output (dunno what side) and a diff speaker wired to the rear (dunno what side) whats the model of the kicker speaker?

i have these speakers....

https://www.crutchfield.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2064CS6934

i used wire harness .. connect same colors......so now stock speaker on right front side is good ...(left side is blown out it was stock...didnt do anything with that one)

i put kicker on rear right side ....didnt worked...then tried left rear side ...didnt worked......

then i tried other kicker speaker ( these speakers) which i'll be using for front doors..... even those didnt work.....

QUOTE=Side Show;8543219]i'd say there is a problem with your wiring... the headunit will have 4x outputs front (left and right) and rear (left and right) you have one speaker connected to the front output (dunno what side) and a diff speaker wired to the rear (dunno what side) whats the model of the kicker speaker?

this was the reasson ....... i changed settings it worked....but there is no bass atall ..... my front speaker are stock speakers ...and they are giving more bass then kickers.......NOW WHAT??????even if play loud ....sound is totally distroted.

any idea

check and adjust the settings on the new deck to see if it's not just something simple

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.