Help[ dimming lights ( cap or not)

FLYNNT9
10+ year member

i read more then post
I know this not about my amp which currently is CL600m and proud of it right now !! But somthing is drainning my cars power and it doesn't happen all the time I look at my wiring so I can tell you whats running and how so you might be able to help me I have a 4awg power wire with a 8awg groung is this the problem ,if so should run 8awg power wire insted of 4awg or run 4awg groung wire to level it out becuase sombody told me that this could be the problem , or should i just by a 1 farad cap oh yea I got 450rms coming from that amp at 2ohm

8 gauge should be perfectly fine tho. Going 4 wouldnt hurt...but i dont think it would help. Im not sure wwhy u have dimmage with that little power. Is ur amp tuned right? gain and Xover set right?

Caps *DO* have a purpose, but they won't help you. Let's just state something that everyone can all agree to:

Caps don't fix any problems caused by a weak electrical supply system.

I do have a keyless entry system but I found out today that my alternator is going I had a test done and it said 13.46 I don't know much about alt specs but for what i was running i had enough power but i grounded the amp wrong so i need a new alt anybody know where i can get a mod alt not to much $$ just enough amps to be on the safe side no 100amp alt

One thing i was told by the dude i bought my amp from said

i should increase the gauge of my ground wire from the batterey to the body...

i dont know how true this is but it makes sense

cause you ground the battery to your body and your engine block... and the ground to your body usally isnt as big....

what do u guys think about this...

just brought a new alt my stock alt was 105 so thats what I got mh old alt died . but i'm kind of worried about hooking my amp up . quick question I was told by somebody that i should drop my power wire fuse down to 50 or 60 from 80 because the fuse is letting to much power threw and my amp has 2 25amp fuses in it . so I don't need the 80 amp fuse

One thing i was told by the dude i bought my amp from saidi should increase the gauge of my ground wire from the batterey to the body...

i dont know how true this is but it makes sense

cause you ground the battery to your body and your engine block... and the ground to your body usally isnt as big....

what do u guys think about this...
Yup, upgrading your ground from negative terminal to the engine chassis will help your system. I think u might get a lil more HP too (? >correct me if im wrong)...but yeah, there's the MAGIC 3, i think it was mentioned in this forum before...but it has something to do with upgrading alt, engine to chassis ground, and battery or somethin? Not sure but yeah, upgrade to a nice new ground...it's not difficult and it's cheap

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.