Help deciding on some component speakers please.

raplaza

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just bought a Kenwood DMX905s head unit and I want to buy some components for the front and an AMP , I am planning on adding coaxials in the back (but later). I really want to buy some nice components and start improving.

I was looking at
Morel Maximo 6
Focal Integration ISS 165
Alpine Alpine S65C
Please let me know any other options Under $200. (I would consider paying a bit more if its really going to make a difference)

I was a looking at these two amplifiers
Rockford Fosgate R400-4D - 75 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohm
Alpine MRV-F300 - 50W RMS X 4 @4Ω

I dont want to play my music too loud but I do want to get the best sound from the speaker (not sure if the extra 25 watts RMS of the Rockford will affect sound quality).

I'm surprised that you didn't get any replies. I rarely visit this site/forum, and the lack of responses to your and many other legitimate postings are telling. I do like my Morel Maximo 6x9 speakers, but unfortunately I don't have much to compare them to. I will say they are quite efficient and the highs are detailed. Good luck with your search.

Not to dump on ya but you likely didn’t get responses because this question could have been researched. Rear speakers/coaxials don’t bring much value to your highs/mids stage.skip em all together use the dsp capabilities of that deck and buy tweeters and mids for your front. In a Comp set with a passive crossover you’re sacrificing the tuning capabilities of your deck and paying for that little crossover box. You can buy separate tweeters and run em on the front channels of either of those amps and mid range drivers off the 3 and 4 channel. I’d get Rockford of the two options but I’d get the pioneer gm-d8704 over either of those options. In review

-Skip rears
-Skip Comp set
-Buy separate drivers and tweeters that combined with that deck will dance all over most comp sets under $400
-get more clean power for less

90% of the time someone makes a post on here asking questions and then never come back. I think that headunit has 3 way active crossovers. Like BCotrell mentioned I would go with raw drivers and tweeters ran active over a component set any day and skip the rears completely.

This amp is under the price of the Rockford Fosgate amp you are looking at and does 100x4.

The Pioneer is also a good option for even less money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.