Classic car speaker mounting

Participant count
  • Participant list
Any suggestions on where to mount mids and tweeters on my '69 Dodge Dart without cutting anything? I have Morel Maximos in 6x9 boxes on the rear shelf, but even though those are decent sounding speakers, the SQ with them in that location is not good. I'd like to have tweeters in the front facing backward, not sure where the mids could be located. This is a very nice restored original car so cutting the dash or door panels is out of the question. I have the amp mounted under the driver seat and will probably be getting an equalizer to put there too. A 10" sealed box Kicker will reside in the back seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Ok thanks, i suspect that this one i uave may be faulty. I will purchase another one for the sake of it and see, thanks
Well, generally speaking, I would agree. But that is like saying that PRV, Stetsom and Taramps are all the same. Similar maybe, but not the same...
It is an L port. You might as well add three 45's. Add one by the leg of the L and the two that I showed you in my other post.
Thank you both :) I'll probably wait it out for the SA-12 v.2s in that case. Always learning on this forum and I appreciate it so much as always!
It was also 1960 and the quality of sound you could get out of the loudspeakers of the day was going to be rather anemic even given optimum...

About this thread

sideskraft

Sideskraft
sideskraft
Holland, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from