Help decide please! Sundown, x10, SA10 or 2 SA 8's?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Okay, it turns out my daughter is a chip off the old block and she's a bass head, so I'm going to put a system in her truck when she gets it. It's a Toyota Tacoma Access Cab.

My question is what you guys would recommend. I've worked the dimensions, and it looks like I can get right at 1.5 cu of internal. I've got a little room to play to make up for additional displacement if I go with 2 8's. She listens to rap mainly, and some pop. I'm looking for something that hits hard as hell, but still sounds good. I've been told the X10 would be a great option, but I was curious how much a step up it is from the SA 10, or if 2 Sa 8's would sound better. Opinions?

Also, I'm going to build the box to fit in the middle of the back of the extended cab. Any recommendations on whether I should put the speaker facing forward, or up, or which direction to port it. Thanks!

I think the 2 SA 8s would be perfect. More cone area Is almost always better(louder). On either a 1000 or 1500 would be ideal depending on electrical. IMO the SA series are some of the best Sundown makes. As far as a truck build, generally it's sub up port up for the best results. Although my experience is with SuVs and Cars. Also I can't recommend enough, a little deadner can go a long way in improving overall sound quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.