Help choosing 2 10's please

Participant count
  • Participant list

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
I currently have a DC Level 4 10 in 1.25 ported tuned to 32ish hz in a 2009 F150 Crew Cab. Amp is Solid Audio F11d (also have IA 10.1 but amp stays on with remote wire disconnected...i will start another thread). I now have a little one so I am looking for an under the seat setup. I am pretty set on a Fox Box for 2 10's that is 2 cubes ported. I will seal it up and use an Aero port instead. I know it's prefab but that area is tiny and his boxes allow 6.25 inch depth.

I have been looking at IA i series, Fi alpha, DC lvl 2, and Sundown ev3. I plan to throw some polyfill in the box as well. Each sub will have 1 cube or a little less and tuned in the low 30s. Any suggestions on which to choose (I'm open to any brand)? DC level 2 is actually a little over budget. I'm wanting to stay around $150 max each. Thank y'all!

i love the way new fi alphas look and $194 customized with bp/extra power handling & extra spider., pretty good deal for usa sub..

I thought about building my own but I won't be able to get the depth the fox box has. The space is very limited under the seat and requires a lot of angle cuts. Have you seen a custom box for my model truck? I have searched online and haven't seen much of anything.

I love the way they look too. I had a BL 12 in College and LOVED it. Would 1100 rms do them justice? I've ran fi, Treo and dc and have had 0 complaints with either.

I love the way they look too. I had a BL 12 in College and LOVED it. Would 1100 rms do them justice? I've ran fi, Treo and dc and have had 0 complaints with either.
idk man. if i got a 12 i'd run 1100 to 1 of them (because of box rise and all) i guess if u get them without the xtra spider 1100 would work., shame u have the truck what u need is 1 12 with that power or subs with high db rating

What ***** is I have an IA LI 12 unboxed sitting in a closet. We have an 18 month old and another soon so the wife said I can get new equipment only if it is under the back seat. My current 10 box is 1/3 under the seat and 2/3 exposed.

What ***** is I have an IA LI 12 unboxed sitting in a closet. We have an 18 month old and another soon so the wife said I can get new equipment only if it is under the back seat. My current 10 box is 1/3 under the seat and 2/3 exposed.
2 10's be fine on that power just not heavy ones is all, if u got the customized alphas they'd be fine, just won't run u out of the truck is all.. get them try it, if sounds good but later u want louder sell amp and that 12 (do big 3 wires if u haven't) and get a wolfram 1500 (tested 1600) or something in that power range.. other peeps here have raised the back seat 2" to fit larger boxes could be a bit of work though.. others have done 4 6's, 8's subs firing forward they got some awesome 8's out there now even the E's, look at f8l on ssa.com..

I thought about building my own but I won't be able to get the depth the fox box has. The space is very limited under the seat and requires a lot of angle cuts. Have you seen a custom box for my model truck? I have searched online and haven't seen much of anything.
I have seen many of them. Mobile Toys is in college station and they specialize in custom boxes for F150s. You can also do a seat lift to get 2 extra inches in height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another guy on here had shredder design him a ported box for 2 sa10s with pvc pipe as ports. You can do that or u can do 4 ev3 10s sealed. I have a 17 f 150 n those are my options.

View attachment 26557185

This is 3 e10s sealed in the blue, the green is 2 sa10s ported at 32hz.

View attachment 26557186

This is 4 e10s on 2500w sealed in the blue n the green is 2 sa10s ported at 32hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.