help buying tweeters

RoYALbLUE08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NYC
so I have HAT imagines and for some reason the tweeter went out, I would like to upgrade my tweeters to something equivalent or better, do you guys have any recommendations for me?

I listen to house/club music, and hip hop r&b and a little rock.

any help appreciated!

Only one comes to mind is thesehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Hertz-Space1-Dual-Chamber-Tuneable-Tweeters-Space-1-BRAND-NEW-Mille-MLK-/130853315785?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item1e777724c9

Or these maybehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNAUDIO-ESOTEC-MD-102-CAR-AUDIO-1-1-SOFT-DOME-100-WATTS-RMS-TWEETERS-MD102-NEW-/121059579899?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item1c2fb697fb&vxp=mtr

Only one comes to mind is thesehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Hertz-Space1-Dual-Chamber-Tuneable-Tweeters-Space-1-BRAND-NEW-Mille-MLK-/130853315785?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item1e777724c9Or these maybehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNAUDIO-ESOTEC-MD-102-CAR-AUDIO-1-1-SOFT-DOME-100-WATTS-RMS-TWEETERS-MD102-NEW-/121059579899?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item1c2fb697fb&vxp=mtr
With those tweeters at almost 200rms, will they overpower my midrange at 200rms?

Ive heard Morel components at one time, and they sounded pretty clean, but Im not sure you can buy tweets by themselves Ive never looked for theyre site.Maybe a set of Focal, or CDT tweets sound excellent, is what I have,silk dome.Might look at those even

did you like the HAT's, if so get a replacement....
They were nice but I wanna experiment with different brands to see what I like better. If anything I might upgrade to the Clarus tweeters with the crossover

ok see here is what im looking at.

the Image dynamics XS28 for 100

CDT ES-02 2 inch midrange/tweet for 140

the clarus/unity tweeters with crossovers for 190

hmm not sure, anything else

If you use the passive crossovers, I recommend that you buy an identical tweeter. Ask on classifieds on DIYMA. There are people occasionally setting just individual parts from the speaker set. Of course, you can also try different tweeters. Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters have good reputation and are not very expensive. HAT Unity tweeter and crossover seems like a good match too (Unity woofer is supposedly very similar to Imagine). Personally, I would have preferred the XS28 tweeters, as they seem to be more versatile. E.g. they can play much lower than Imagine or Unity tweeters. This is a good thing. I'd use them to play down to 3KHz or wherever their passives allow. The HAT woofers certainly play up to 5-6KHz.. however off axis they do not have very good dispersion above 2KHz due to beaming (this is true of all 6 inch woofers)

If you use the passive crossovers, I recommend that you buy an identical tweeter. Ask on classifieds on DIYMA. There are people occasionally setting just individual parts from the speaker set. Of course, you can also try different tweeters. Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters have good reputation and are not very expensive. HAT Unity tweeter and crossover seems like a good match too (Unity woofer is supposedly very similar to Imagine). Personally, I would have preferred the XS28 tweeters, as they seem to be more versatile. E.g. they can play much lower than Imagine or Unity tweeters. This is a good thing. I'd use them to play down to 3KHz or wherever their passives allow. The HAT woofers certainly play up to 5-6KHz.. however off axis they do not have very good dispersion above 2KHz due to beaming (this is true of all 6 inch woofers)
i just purchased the rainbow cal 25 silk SLC tweeters. im looking for some 2-3 inch midrange speakers now any suggestions? im looking at the cadence ZRS2m, CDT HD-2.. im trying to get a dynaudio 142 for a good price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.