Help building a system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

mega1268
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
Hi i just got a new mustang 89 foxbody type. Now there is 3's in the front 6's in thw door and 6x8 in the rear i believe. I wanna make this thing sound nuts. Not going for loudness but overall quality but i still want it to be loud but not comp loud just Clean loud where theres no distortion. I really like kicker and was gonna go with an all kicker theme. What do i need excatley. What i mean by that is if i were to by all kicker what would i have to buy ive been doing alittle research and heres a list of what i came up with. PLZ if anyone has something like this or ANY suggestions or what i need.

I wanted to get

Kicker 6.5 SS series for the front w/tweeters

and kicker SMMB 6 inch for midbass

and 2 2004 10' l7's (kinda limited space in a hatchback)

powered by

and a 1200.1

What else whoudl i need. do i get caps a new battery maybe altenator. Do i still need the 6x9's or the 3's in the dash PLZ help. all input will help and i kinda wanna stick to kicker but if something else sounds better for the right price let me know. And if any1 has any of this stuff used would help 2.

and what would also help is if you have a sick system that soudns amazing quality wise not hitting rediculous decibles plz list everything. I mean i like it loud but theres a certain point where it starts sounding terrible

I don't know alot about your goal. I personally think you might wanna lose the current speaker set up or "minimize" thier prescence.

How did you plan on wiring this set up...Some might not agree but you have alot of juice going to just the subs and components??. You could probably move a notch down on amp power and get the same results. Or get a 4 channel to power thos 6X9;s plus the components etc...

Personally my Favorite "types" of set ups are ones that have Seperates in the doors...Replacement stock locations in the dash..Subs in the ear and about 800 watts total system power.

'THIS IS JUST MY OPINION..But I have found you need to take A BIG STEP FORWARD after this type of set up to get a HUGE diffrence in Loudness and SQ

In other words if you start of at a $1500 system..to get a "big noticeable improvement" you need another $1000 of stuff..not just a $250 increase!

um need elaboration. that system will be crazy loud depending on the box. u want sql i take it then. if u just want sql, go with one l7 or l5 instead. 2 maybe too loud for what ur wanting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.