Help Buck pick a new Home Audio Receiver!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Could find one a repair place for it. Some people still do that especially in the local scene. Onkyo is the owned by Denon now as is Pioneer and a few others. I seriously thought about a Integra Home AV Receiver as they are damn nice.

I won't repair it, I've got to get the new one for space reasons.

Why not repair it if putting it in a closet is an option? Controlling it remotely is simple depending on what you are running on it. For instance, playing music over Bluetooth from your phone, just use your phone to control volume. Playing media from pc, the pc has volume control. Playing music from the TV, if your unit has ARC capability, your TV remove can control the head unit volume. If you want to run everything from it, do what I did and grab a Harmony remote. It will control all of your devices over WiFi, so putting it in the closet shouldn't be an issue.

Heres one of my onkyo's chilling in the closet of my woodshop. Wanted it closed off from the dust, so I stuck it in there and ran wires out for my tower speakers which I don't care if they get dusty. I just connect my phone to Bluetooth to play music while I work, and control the volume with my phone. The sub is in the closet as well to protect the built in amp from dust, and the closet has no real effect on the bass that I've noticed.

Why not repair it if putting it in a closet is an option? Controlling it remotely is simple depending on what you are running on it. For instance, playing music over Bluetooth from your phone, just use your phone to control volume. Playing media from pc, the pc has volume control. Playing music from the TV, if your unit has ARC capability, your TV remove can control the head unit volume. If you want to run everything from it, do what I did and grab a Harmony remote. It will control all of your devices over WiFi, so putting it in the closet shouldn't be an issue.

Heres one of my onkyo's chilling in the closet of my woodshop. Wanted it closed off from the dust, so I stuck it in there and ran wires out for my tower speakers which I don't care if they get dusty. I just connect my phone to Bluetooth to play music while I work, and control the volume with my phone. The sub is in the closet as well to protect the built in amp from dust, and the closet has no real effect on the bass that I've noticed.

View attachment 25425

My receiver is like 15 years old, the remote ***** and it doesn't have bluetooth or anything. I've ordered a sony 2 channel system that's smaller that's just going to go on my desk.

But yeah, if i had better control of this one, I'd just throw it in a closet. But it's not worth repairing, because it seems like the actual board is going out. The receiver I bought was only like $112 or something so it wasn't bad at all.

I got my Sony receiver in. I like everything about it, besides the RCA outs aren’t controlled by the volume knob, it’s just the same level as the line in. So here I come bass knob. My sub scared this **** out of me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.