Help bridging

Participant count
  • Participant list

ZoomDaddy

I have an Optimus xl-400 4channel amp. 125wattx4 channel

I have 2 Audiobahn 12's hooked to it regular. 125watt per sub. I have an rca adapter from my back 5x7's because i dont have a cd player yet. just one of those cd-cassette adapters for my personal cdplayer. It all works fine. I just dont know how to bridge the amp. I want the max power to my subs. Can someone explain to me exactly how to do it? Im new at this..

Thanks' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well if they were dual voice coils at 4 ohms, which most subs are. you would wire the voice coils of each sub together and parallel to amp. This would come out with a 4 ohm load.

each amp has different bridging methods, so read the manual or it may even be marked on the amp of your choice.

the last post wasn't exact

step-by-step details:

the only differing factor is doesn't matter which voice coil you choose as 1 or 2, same with subs

1. run + from channel 1 to + of sub 1, voice coil 1

2. run + from sub 1, voice coil 1 to - of sub 1, voice coil 2

3. run + from sub 1, voice coil 2 to - of sub 1, voice coil 1

4. run - from sub 1, voice coil 2 to - of channel 2 of amp

half done

1. run + from channel 3 to + of sub 2, voice coil 1

2. run + from sub 2, voice coil 1 to - of sub 2, voice coil 2

3. run + from sub 2, voice coil 2 to - of sub 2, voice coil 1

4. run - from sub 2, voice coil 2 to - of channel 4 of amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.