Help! Amp won't power on

Participant count
  • Participant list

stumpyturtle

I installed an amp about half a year ago into my 95' integra and recently the amp has been cutting in and out. It'll turn on and then turn off and then turn on and then turn off. I checked out the back of my deck and everything is normal I even reconnecte the rca's and remote wire. The fuse to my power wire isn't blown and niether is the one on my amp. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?!

I just reconnected the remote wire and then it turned on. I wired the ground underneath the seat any suggestions on where I should re-wire it if that's the problem?

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

The amp is still cutting in and out though btw. Even after the remote wire was reconnected.

Check the ground, just file off the paint, make sure its metal to metal, and bolting it to the chassis of the vehicle is better than just screws.

If your grounding it on the seat frame, that's your problem, usually it needs to be on the actual body of the car/chassis, that way it is a direct feed to the ground instead of having to worm it's way through the brackets and other screws etc.

Check the ground, just file off the paint, make sure its metal to metal, and bolting it to the chassis of the vehicle is better than just screws.

If your grounding it on the seat frame, that's your problem, usually it needs to be on the actual body of the car/chassis, that way it is a direct feed to the ground instead of having to worm it's way through the brackets and other screws etc.
^^^^^this

X3 Agreed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.