help::amp receive no power

mdd99
10+ year member

what could be wrong.....fuse is fine...the blue wire is connected to the HU.....RCA is connected...power is connected....could it be the ground.....how do you tested to get the ground...i try to hook it up all over my trunk and still no light come on....i have a honda accord four door 98......schould i scrape the pain off on the place that i hook the ground to...is that a problem too b/c i don't think it is....is ground only avalable when is screw tighly.....help.....

what could be wrong.....fuse is fine...the blue wire is connected to the HU.....RCA is connected...power is connected....could it be the ground.....how do you tested to get the ground...i try to hook it up all over my trunk and still no light come on....i have a honda accord four door 98......schould i scrape the pain off on the place that i hook the ground to...is that a problem too b/c i don't think it is....is ground only avalable when is screw tighly.....help.....

yes, scrap the paint off from where it is grounded. that should solve the problem.

Try making a little jumper from your amp's power terminal to the remote turn on terminal to make sure your its not your deck's fault for not sending out the 12v turn on signal.

Re: help::amp receive no power

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try making a little jumper from your amp's power terminal to the remote turn on terminal to make sure your its not your deck's fault for not sending out the 12v turn on signal.

i appreciate your help ,,but exactly how do i do that..can you tell me in more detail.....it is nighttime now and i will try to scrape the paint off tomorrow..and if that doesn't work ..i like to try your idea....but i'm not sure what you mean

Scrape the paint, and yes make sure the screw is tightly in place.

i scrape the paint completely off and now i'm pretty sure it is not the ground because in that same place that i use for ground is another black wire which i'm pretty sure it is a ground wire...and i still don't see any power....i have 2 amp and try both of them with no luck....i took them out a year ago and haven't used them since.....is there any alternative that the power light might not be on...beside the ground...i apreciate all your help guys...

"Try making a little jumper from your amp's power terminal to the remote turn on terminal to make sure your its not your deck's fault for not sending out the 12v turn on signal."

(HOW DO I DO THE SUGGESTION ABOVE)i'm not completely understand..

my battery is new...and i don't think it is the battery because i can start the car fine..so it shouldn't be the battery...or i could be wrong..any suggestion...could there be a chance that the car battery work but it not giving the amp any power...as i see ..i hook them up really tight so there couldn't be....one problem that i see is that i don't see any spark when i hook the power up to the amp...

sound like a good idea...thank..i'll do that..........but i'm still curious about the other suggestion by jujumant.......

"Try making a little jumper from your amp's power terminal to the remote turn on terminal to make sure your its not your deck's fault for not sending out the 12v turn on signal"

i wanna learn more about these car stereo stuff..so if any know what he is talking about could you show me...i'm kinda confuse and i really wanna try it...thank guys..

damm..i wish i could understand you but i really can't..........i want to confirm this before i try anything because i don't want anything getting burn..........okey...here i go....take a piece of wire..u mean any wire..like electricity wire and speaker wire...and connected it to the 12v or the red wire coming from the battery....and stick it into the rem hole in the amp...and how do i know if anything is hook up correctly..is there any sign that i should get...there are so much thing that i haven't learn..wow..

or you mean.....take a any piece of wire....stick one end to the rem and the other end to the 12v........if this is the case.....do i have to leave the remwire from the deck and the power wire from the battery in there too...

i just bough a multimeter...try it on the battery and seem like it burn out the multimeter....so i have to return it...is there way i can check to see what the problem is...like could it be the rem wire or the deck maybe....could you guy help me out...i'm seriously stuck and frustrated....i current have two sucky audio baln sub...like $50 each and i was thinking of getting an S-type alpine 12"...do you guy think it better....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.