HELP!! amp cutting out when bass hits????

well hey thanx for the info we could use like, hey this blah blah is my amp, and i have't upgraded anything on my electrical. this should be a piece of cake now.

1st guess is your amp is ******* the power out of your batt. so not enough power in the "bank" to keep it going.

ok didnt ask for any sarcasm and no i didnt upgrade electical its only a 600 watt amp lol so i know for a fack tat its not to much for my cars electical hahah

and the car is running when it accurs so its not ****** up all the power lol

you sound like you dont know what your taking about bro

anyone else think they migt know i chech all the lines and fuses everything

im starting to think the amp is no good

nope just amp turns off right when bass hits on the bejining of the song then i have to turn the car off and back on and it still does te same thing..

i bet your amps mounted to the box
please elaborate.....

due to space restrictions i was gonna attach my amp to the sub box, why would this cut the amp when bass hits...??

yeah it is but that shouldnt have anything to do with why its cutting out/turning off it never got to hit hard enough to do any damage to the amp

I think heres a wiring ptoblem.

Most commonly new people in caraudio even when they upgrade theyr wiring, they forget to sand the shassie wheres ground cable mounted.

Also a bit more information is more than helpful here, what cables and amplifier you running OP ?

please elaborate.....

due to space restrictions i was gonna attach my amp to the sub box, why would this cut the amp when bass hits...??
One reason , the vibrations from the box can damage the internals of the amp. Between the florida heat , terrible electrical (causes amp to run hotter) and having the amp mounted to the back of the sub box , i managed to break every power supply capacitor off the board in one of my old MTX BTP 75x2's

One reason , the vibrations from the box can damage the internals of the amp. Between the florida heat , terrible electrical and having the amp mounted to the back of the sub box , i managed to break every power supply capacitor off the board in one of my old MTX BTP 75x2's
right, i see.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

cheers!!

ok well i have just some little 8g power and ground but the amp is only 600 watt and 300 rms so this should be fine right?

and as for the amp its a kciiller? or kciiler not sure looks pretty old and beat tho..

i checked the power to it its getting 14 volts when car is on, also fuses are good everywere

and now the amp is not even turning on lol i think i have a bad amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.