Help adding aux input and rca outputs to factory HU - LONG STORY

Participant count
  • Participant list

google123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
Long story longer. My Pioneer DEH-P7800MP crapped out on me the other day. First the display went all weird with nothing but vertical lines then it powered on fine for a little bit then.....darkness. Nothing. Nada.

Took it out along with the craptastic USB adapter, the CD-UB100. I took the stereo to my workbench and hooked it up to my ATX handy-dandy power supply and nothing. I decided to pop open the stereo and my suspicions were confirmed, busted flex ribbon. I can get a replacement on eBay for about $50 bucks along with the connector already soldered to it. In the mean time, my brothers old-ass busted JVC unit in his little 1990 Honda Accord quits as well. He gonna pay for the flex ribbon and he will be using the Pioneer in his car. I will be using a replacement factory HU in my Tahoe that plays MP3/WMA.

I will be purchasing the PAC adapter, PAC AOEMGM24, which plugs into the 12-pin jack on the back of the headunit, will give me RCA outputs for running my 4-channel amp and my sub amp off the factory headunit. Now, is there also and adapter that adds an RCA Aux input that can be used at the same time?

I know what you are thinking, why the hell would i be spending money on a factory headunit setup? I like the sound, believe it or not, and also keeps the factory looks, which means less chances of someone breaking my window to steal my ****.

Thanks again folks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.