help a port noob

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
Alight I have 5.38 cubes after displacements other than port. Im using an 8'' port. I put 12.75'' of port inside the box and that leaves me right at 5 cubes after its displacement. I then have 7.8'' of port outside the box. I want to tune to 32hz and I think I have too much port on the outside. 12.75'' is my max inside so that I can have 8'' between bottom of box and port for it to vent. Any help? This is my first time building a box and using tube ports. I already have the port in, but I can cut it easy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'd have the internal port end 7" away from the back wall and just roundover that corner. That back (rounded) wall should effectively extend the...
None so far, there was a factory 8 inch subwoofer that I took out for a pass through, I'm definitely going to have to get some sound deadening...
Yes. I do not fully understand the question, but if the manufacturer suggests such a big port, it is probably because it has a high QTS. If it...
Honestly I don't think it would be hard for them to make it where you use android auto AND your own music source. They made it able to do so...

About this thread

Bobby322

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Bobby322
TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date