help a poor student have boom.

97acuratl
10+ year member

k well I have a pioneer gm-x554 amplifyer for really inexpensive and I want to use it for powering one 10" sub or 12". The sub has not been purchased yet but the amp can be bridged to 2 channel at 4 olms at around 120rms per channel. im wondering if I get a dvc sub and i wire each channel to each coil, that would work?

Ive been searching and searching and im not seeing anything. also, what will the sub/amp be running, 2 olm 4olm or 8olm?

also, what would be a good brand for that kind of power? im interested in both, sound quality and loudness.

Thanks very very much for any help possible.

Yeah, you could wire it like that, just make sure the sub you get is dual 4 ohm, not 2 ohm, otherwise you'll ruin your amp.

can't help ya much in deciding on a sub though, I dont know a thing about subs in that power range.

Yeah, you could wire it like that, just make sure the sub you get is dual 4 ohm, not 2 ohm, otherwise you'll ruin your amp.can't help ya much in deciding on a sub though, I dont know a thing about subs in that power range.
lol, yea thanks! so everything will be running @ 4ohms? and I should be getting a dvc that can handle 240ish rms, maybe a little more? im prob lookin for a mdx or a kicker or RF ... a bigger brand.

Phoenix Gold Ti-10" available for under $90 shipped on ebay.

Make sure you get the Ti-10D it is dual 4 ohm.

500W RMS power handling, good spl, good sq, cheap price.

my friend has 2 of the 12's and they sound really nice.

Or even check out two Tang Band 8" svc 4 ohm

Four channels bridged to 2, one on each channel.

elemental designs e[10|12]kx.22

$75 for the 10/$85 for the 12. 100-400rms. I have an e12kx but haven't installed it yet cause I ain't got a drill or screws to affix it to the box...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.