Helix or Zapco DSP?

[quote name='Tony1234']Honda Accord Sport, 2017
I have two set of Focal 165 KX2 6.5" speakers
Zapco REF 650.6 ZAPCO 6-CHANNEL AMP
Still looking for 12" sub, maybe JL W3 or Hertz but not sure which one. Might do only 1 sub or 2. Trunk is very small and I want to be able to use my spare tire.
Not sure about head unit yet[/QUOTE]

@keep_hope_alive did a build on a 2014 accord sport fairly recently and could give you some ideas on what to do for your lows perehaps

Is Helix DSP easy to setup? Do I need a computer for the first time to install it? Not sure that the shop know how to set it up on computer.
all of them need a PC. its sad that none of them have a external display that you can alternately tune the processor from the front seat. i mean its retarded that the DSP cannot be aux input into the cdplayer like a DVD player and be used to in real time adjust settings.

Wow. Thank you,I guess I will only do Zapco ASP-Q1 eq with 3 way crossover then. I want to be able to control or do some small change without pc while driving.
Once it's tuned right it will never have to be touched again. Don't go with something way less capable for that reason.

You use a DSP to correct the environment. Once it's corrected for it's done its job. Sit back and enjoy.

If you feel you must touch something the Alpine H800 with the RUX will do it. It's very capable

Sorry for late reply. Thank you. I ordered Helix dsp.
It's a good DSP. you won't be able to get rid of the wicked factory EQ and high pass filter without correction. Because you can't boost the low end enough, attenuating everything above 80Hz will help with achieving a flatter response. My build log has the factory EQ curve I measured on my 2014 Sport. You'll want to do a similar measurement.

Thank you. But now I have problem.

I have two set of Focal ES165 KX2 component.

One Hertz 12" sub.

One Zapco 6 channel amp.

One Zapco 4 channel amp (will order one in a day or two)

Here is my plan.

Front Focal mid and high component will take 4 channel from 6 channel amp

Rear Focal mid and high will take 4 channel from 4 channel amp

one 12" sub will bridge two channel from 6 channel amp

But my Helix DSP .2 only have 8 channel. My though was going to use DSP for Front 4 channel for mid/high. And two channel bridge to one channel for sub. So only use total of 6 channel on DSP. The rear Focal component mid/high will run RCA directly from the head unit to the amp without using DSP.

Please advise if better any better idea.

Thank you,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tony1234

Tony1234
rancho cucamonga, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Tony1234