heatsink

Bring back the fins!!!! More surface area to dissipate heat is never a bad idea . Sure our amps run a bit cooler these days but the cooler you can keep them the better.

its because of cheap,fins cost $.

80% of amps are black and boring.

my fav color for a amp is white and it also makes the most sence for heat.

Mmmmmmnnn fins

IMG_0030.jpg

Well along with pricing new day amps run alot cooler than they used to and are more efficient. Say we do add fins change up a few things that will cost us 33% more during production. Thats 33% more the buyer will pay. Now its all about cheap and good. just my .02. Good thing what im working on is a bit different. Kinda lets me know im on the right track.

Now its all about cheap and good.
Somewhat, but remember there are people who are willing to pay for good looks and a huge chunk of car audio people don't even go online. I would buy a Phoenix Gold Elite.1 before anything else in its class, I know I'll be paying well over a grand for one but besides the good looks it also performs well.

Somewhat, but remember there are people who are willing to pay for good looks and a huge chunk of car audio people don't even go online. I would buy a Phoenix Gold Elite.1 before anything else in its class, I know I'll be paying well over a grand for one but besides the good looks it also performs well.
right now the only heatsink worth a poo is on our 3k and 2k. bunch of fins all around and will be blue more than likely,. In fact the prototype i have is a rounded sink with 3 fins on each side and 1 fan. thats when i immediatlely called and had that fixed. the 1500 will be half fins. But you guys will soo soon. corey those db drives lack nice fins. they have them just not long :/

catman, that db drive 2000.1 didnt have big fins and when driven .35ohms daily it would get pretty warm. tim waiting on parts still to fix that amp.

i talking fins like the linear amps, old rf punch,old soundstream,ads plate amps. a heatsink cant wick the heat away without the fins for cooling. they use the mass from the big alum block. look at all the zenon amps. have a team mate wanting to have a amp line with me and been looking at buildhouses most big class d amps have ***** for cooling.

let me ask this question, how many of ur 1500rms plus class D amps have a internal fan? would they need a fan if they used a real heatsink thus increasing the cooling area by 4-8x what they have now,hmmm...

catman, that db drive 2000.1 didnt have big fins and when driven .35ohms daily it would get pretty warm. tim waiting on parts still to fix that amp.
i talking fins like the linear amps, old rf punch,old soundstream,ads plate amps. a heatsink cant wick the heat away without the fins for cooling. they use the mass from the big alum block. look at all the zenon amps. have a team mate wanting to have a amp line with me and been looking at buildhouses most big class d amps have ***** for cooling.

let me ask this question, how many of ur 1500rms plus class D amps have a internal fan? would they need a fan if they used a real heatsink thus increasing the cooling area by 4-8x what they have now,hmmm...
you should love it as much as i loved mine.

A fan would still make them more efficient regardless. The fins on the 3k's are more than enough and they do not have fans. The 2k proto does and the 1500 will. however the 2k will share the same sink as the 3k after a while. so looking forward to you seeing them. since you know alot. you should be able to spot defects if any there may be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SPLaudio

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
SPLaudio
upstate ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date